Friday, October 24, 2014

A Note of Thanks and Support


As you know, I started this graduate program with no Early Childhood Studies experiences. All I brought was my personal experiences.  And you have welcomed me and made me feel that I had something to contribute to the class. You would also affirm my passions for advocacy. I feel grateful for that.

First thing I noticed about my colleagues in Foundation: Early Childhood class was the passion that you classroom teachers have for the children, for their families, and for the community at large. You showed me what a dedicated teacher looks like.  

I did not know what to expect, but I was also astonished at the “breadth and depth” of your knowledge. Your base of knowledge is already high, and you are learning more to become better professionals. It cheers me to know that after we get our MS degree, we will be out there making positive changes in our respective communities.

Because my degree specialization will be Public Policy and Advocacy, I sincerely hope I will bump into some of you as we stand on the same advocacy soapbox! We might even collaborate on some research or papers; I would love that very much.

I thank Dr. Ferrari for her patience and persistence that we write a graduate-level paper with APA formatting. I am not there yet, but with her helpful notes, one day, you may see my name in one of those journals!

No comments:

Post a Comment