Friday, December 18, 2015

Reflecting about My Collegial, Professional Learning Community

I am not a classroom teacher, although I feel that I have always been a teacher if only for my children. Because of that, I need the expertise of my collegial, professional learning community. Each and every one of us has something to contribute to the early childhood systems. Whenever I need input, I would consult with this group who has proved to be dedicated, devoted, and passionate early childhood professionals.

Have I had experiences of being a part of a caring and collaborative learning community? I feel fortunate to have been a part of community advocacy group. Whenever I have an idea, or a letter, or an article, the group can improve the idea or the article in amazing ways. Sometimes it would be something I had forgotten like the time I forgot about transportation for my hypothetical family project, and my colleague reminded me of that. Sometimes, it was an idea I had never thought about before. I have come to depend on our collective thinking process to make something even better.

Sometimes, I feel frustrated by a process that appears to not be working. The collegial, professional learning group can boost my self-confidence by giving me ideas of how to work through or around a thorny issue. That could be because some of our group members have had the experiences and can share their expertise.

Ultimately, it is much more fun to work within a group that shares the same goals. I hope I have been as much fun for others as they have had been for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment